Everyone has gone a little mad about coconuts and for good reason, they have an awesome list of health benefits! Super nutritious, loaded with vitamins and minerals and they even pack a punch of fibre?. Whether you love coconut water, coconut milk or coconut oil, you are doing your body a favour by drinking up! To help out, we thought we’d share some of the reasons we love all things coconut!
A part from being awesomely refreshing, we love coconut water for a bunch of other reasons
- It’s nature’s ultimate hydration. Coconut Water naturally contains 5 key electrolytes – calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium and potassium – these guys are important because they keep our body hydrated
- It’s naturally low in sugar (well, at least it should be if your drinking 100% pure coconut water), calories, fat, so you can enjoy it without any guilt.
- It’s a completely natural drink, free of nasty stuff because it is literally the water that comes out of young-green coconuts. And the reason we go with young green coconuts is because they are more nutritious… the water in these is actually one of the highest sources of electrolytes, which is perfect for post a workout!
Why do we love coconut milk? Here is a few reasons:
- It actually has good fats! We’ve been told for so long that fat = bad, but what we are learning now is that not all fats are created the same. Coconut Milk contains a fat called lauric acid which is easily absorbed and used for energy.
- It’s completely free from dairy and nuts, which means all those lactose and nut intolerant milk lovers, can enjoy a delicious, creamy alternative.
- It’s good for your body, with electrolytes for natural hydration, plus, it can improve digestion and help control sugar levels.
Coconut oil comes from the meat of matured coconuts harvested from the coconut palm tree. That doesn’t mean we can’t appreciate its awesomeness! With this many benefits, it’s hard not to love
- It actually has good fat! We’ve been told for so long that fat = bad, but what we are learning now is that not all fats are created the same. Coconut Milk contains a fat called lauric acid which is easily absorbed and used for energy.
- It’s good for your body, with small daily amounts being linked to weight loss, improved digestion, and boosted metabolism.
- It’s versatile – coconut oil is great for cooking because it has a higher smoking temperature, it can handle the heat! And it can be used on your body or just like a moisturizer